Information technology consultant
I have been working as a Information Technology consultantÂ for just over 20 years.
Iâ€™m an experienced hands on IT manager with a strong business acumen, operations management and team leadership. I have even been tagged with the ubiquitous term of â€œEntrepreneurâ€.
Together with a few of my associates supply technical resource and project management to a wide range of customers who require Infrastructure deployment or support.
My current key areas of focus are in Unified Communications, Virtualisation (and the required infrastructure to support it), Data Center â€œ2.0â€ and network bandwidth optimisation and resiliency.
Iâ€™m also a key advocate of Open Source technologies and I have a strong belief that when applied correctly can be strong business enablers in todayâ€™s environment.
Contact Jason Simmons: Mobile:07973 255898 Tel: 01908 880820 Fax:01908 888150
- Cisco Network Engineer\Manager , LAN/WAN, Catalyst,routing & Switching and Cisco Ironport, layer3 ,CCNA
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist DCUCD
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist DCUCI
- Cisco Data Center Network Infrastructure Design (DCNID)
- Cisco Data Center Support for UC Specialist,
- VMware Certified Professional
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Linux system Administrator skills, Redhat, Ubuntu, Apache,PHP, cloud computing Bind DNS
- Asterisk voice technologies, SIP, IAX2. G729, Qos
- IPBrick Certified Partner
- Man Management with Hemleyfraser leadership training
- IT operations and project management, knowledge of ITIL,PCIDSS, Disaster Recovery
- Customer facing.
- Budget management.
- Completed a network management toolset migration for a major international telcoms company across all outsourced clients, reducing annual support costs by several thousand pounds.
- Installed a distributed network to host a Finical Risk Management application across 3 data centers and. This enabled overseas developers to perform System Acceptance Testing much more effectively.
- Designed and installed a switching infrastructure for a international hotel group, allowing the hotel to utilise VOIP Technologies and state of the art touch screen EPOS systems. This reduced admin costs and created more opportunity for selling services to guests.
- Designed and installed a virtualised hosting environment for start-up company Dental-health. This reduced start-up costs by reducing the amount of physical servers.
Cisco network engineer, Vmware, Linux, redhat, ubuntu, Technical Architect, CCNA, Network Support, LAMP, Virtual Private network, IPBrick, Unified Communications, Data Centre Ethernet, Cisco Unified Computing System, Cloud Computing, Server Virtualisation